“Great sense of working together with other volunteers. It was a real joy to share food and chat with guests” Arklight volunteer
How to get involved
Arklight could not run without the support of the church community in Wirral. Wirral Ark is proud to support churches of different denominations and faiths to come together to take action against homelessness. There are a number of ways you can join us to help people off the streets and into their own homes.
1. Host the night shelter for one week
We are looking for a host venue for the following weeks:
- Monday 10 Feb 2020 – Monday 17 February 2020
- Monday 17 Feb 2020 – Monday 24 February 2020
Venues will need room for up to 12 beds, space for food preparation, bathroom facilities and a separate room for volunteers to sleep overnight.
Venues need a volunteer Venue Coordinator who will coordinate the building and volunteers.
Download a Venue Information Pack:
“We are blessed by helping others” Arklight volunteer
Volunteers are at the heart of Arklight. We are looking for volunteers who can help prepare food, set-up the venue, assist on the door and welcome guests, serve food, chat with guests, wash dishes, and tidy the venue. There are three shift patterns we are seeking to fill:
- Evening Shift – 5:30pm- 10pm
- Night Shift – 9:30pm – 6:30am
- Morning Shift – 6am – 9am
In particular, we are looking for volunteers to support the following churches/venues:
Week 1 (w/c 4 Nov 2019) – Charles Thompson Mission (Birkenhead)
Week 3 (w/c 18 Nov 2019) – Cavendish Community Centre (Birkenhead)
Week 15 (w/c 10 Feb 2020) – Venue TBC
Week 16 (w/c 17 Feb 2020) – Venue TBC
3. Hold a Service in aid of Arklight
Raise awareness and understanding of the issues of homelessness in the Wirral and the community’s incredible response to the issue by hosting a service for Arklight.
4. Host a Coffee Morning to raise vital funds for Arklight
Help fund Arklight by hosting a Coffee Morning. Please help us raise awareness by sharing your pictures of the coffee morning via social media using #arklight
- £5 could pay for a hot meal for a rough sleeper
- £8 could pay for a care package with essential toiletries
- £16 could pay for one night’s stay at the night shelter
For further information, please contact Jackie or Hannah from the Business Development team.
T: 0151 652 7317